• Officers and Peoria Firefighters were dispatched to the 1500 block of W. Callender at 10:19 p.m. Feb. 18 due to a suspicious smell.
The female student smelled something burning in her residence. Upon arrival, officers discovered the smell was coming from a rubber glove left on the heating coil of the dishwasher.
There was no smoke or fire, so no additional assistance was needed.
• Bradley officers and Peoria police were dispatched to the 1000 block of W. Bradley Ave. at 1:28 a.m. Feb. 18.
A female student reported noises in her apartment even though she was home alone. She thought it was an intruder and called the police.
Officers searched the apartment with negative results and were unable to identify the noise.
• Officers were dispatched to Harper Hall to collect items found in a dormitory room search at 11:47 p.m. Feb. 20.
Residential staff found drug paraphernalia and 1.5 grams of marijuana in the dorm room. The female resident had a female non-student and two male non-students in their room. Staff said they were very cooperative during the search.
The three non-students were banned from Bradley property.
• Officers saw a male student stumbling around on the 900 block of Elmwood Ave. at 2:43 a.m. Feb. 21.
When officers questioned the underage male, he admitted to drinking vodka and rum at a residence on the 1500 block of W. Bradley Ave. The male registered a .184 BAC and signed a refusal of treatment.
Officers escorted the student home.
• Officers were on patrol when they smelled cannabis on the 800 block of Frink St. at 10:32 p.m. Feb. 21.
Officers entered the apartment and spoke to a male student resident. The student said no one was smoking in the apartment.
No signs of marijuana were found in the apartment, and the residents were given warnings and released.
• Officers were dispatched to the 800 block of Elmwood Ave. 12:51 a.m. Feb. 13 when a male student was found lying on the sidewalk. When officers arrived, the male appeared to be intoxicated. He refused a breathalyzer test but … read more
• Officers and an ambulance were dispatched to the 1500 block of Fredonia Ave. at 2:29 a.m. Feb. 6. The female fell and hit her head in the living room of the home and appeared to be intoxicated. Paramedics were … read more
• Officers and the Peoria Fire Department were dispatched to the 800 block of N. Tobias 7:49 p.m. Feb. 1 after a female student got a ring stuck on her finger. She asked officers to cut it off her finger, … read more
• Peoria Police officers observed a non-student female and a male student stealing a traffic sign on NE Washington Street at 11:10 p.m. Jan. 23. When officers asked the two what they were doing, they responded with “doing stupid things.” … read more
• The Peoria Police Department and Bradley Police were dispatched to the 1100 block of W. Main St. at 8:45 p.m. Dec. 2 for an armed robbery. The male non-student entered the McDonalds with a handgun and demanded money. No … read more
Five-time Grammy nominee Wiz Khalifa paid a visit to the Renaissance Coliseum as part of Activities Council of Bradley University’s fall concert held Nov. 15 at 9 p.m. The following police reports are attributed to the events surrounding the record-setting … read more
• Officers arrived at the 1300 block of Fredonia Ave. when one officer heard fighting noises coming from behind the residence’s fence Nov. 16 at 12:05 a.m. When the officers opened the fence door, five males ran inside, and someone … read more
• Two female students reported their wallets and cellphones stolen from Renaissance Coliseum at 9 p.m. Nov. 9. Both students were attending a school function when they put their wallets and phones in the first female’s jacket. The jacket was … read more
• Officers were dispatched to the 500 block of Greenwood Ave. at 9 p.m. Nov. 3 after a female student reported that four to five males assaulted her. The student said she turned the corner from the 1500 block of … read more