• Officers stopped a vehicle in the 1100 block of University Street at 3:22 p.m. April 8 because of a defective windshield. Additionally, the male non-student driver was not wearing his seatbelt.
Two clear plastic bags containing a green leafy substance were found and tested positive for cannabis, weighing a total of 55.6 grams.
After being medically evaluated, the driver was issued five citations and transported to Peoria County Jail. The vehicle was towed and impounded.
• Officers received a report at 12:30 p.m. April 10 about a burglary that occurred in the 1300 block of Fredonia Avenue.
A male student said an unknown person entered his room April 9 and removed eight video games. The student said the house was secured, but his room was not.
There are no suspects.
• Officers received a report at 4:13 p.m. April 10 about a burglary that occurred in the 800 block of N. Cooper Street.
A female student reported an unknown person entered the garage at her residence and took her bicycle between 11 a.m. Nov. 15 and 4:10 p.m. April 10.
The student claims that the garage is always kept locked, however, there were no signs of forced entry.
There are no suspects.
• Officers observed a number of plastic cups, beer cans and liquor bottles in the yard of a residence located in the 1600 block of W. Barker Avenue at 3:55 a.m. April 11.
Officers knocked at the door but received no answer.
A report was written to document the litter.
• Officers responded to an automated external defibrillator alarm in the lobby of Williams Hall at 9 p.m. April 8.
The officer was informed that an unknown male had leaned against the box and accidentally opened it, causing the alarm to sound.
The alarm was reset.
• Officers were dispatched to the 800 block of Frink Street due to two males fighting at 11:27 p.m. April 4. When officers arrived, a male non-student was on top of a male student punching his face. The males said … read more
• An officer observed a female non-student throw a cup of liquid on another vehicle at 4:24 p.m. March 27. The female said she was playing a prank on her roommate. The officer gave the female a verbal warning for … read more
• Officers were dispatched to a residence located in the 800 block of Rebecca Place at 3:27 p.m. March 16 because a laptop was reported stolen. A male student said he was at the 1200 block of Main St. when … read more
• Officers pulled over a car near St. Joseph’s Cemetery at 8:40 p.m. March 3. The car had a male non-student driver and female non-student passenger. Officers said the car smelled like burnt marijuana. Both passengers were handcuffed and searched, … read more
• Officers and Peoria Firefighters were dispatched to the 1500 block of W. Callender at 10:19 p.m. Feb. 18 due to a suspicious smell. The female student smelled something burning in her residence. Upon arrival, officers discovered the smell was … read more
• Officers were dispatched to the 800 block of Elmwood Ave. 12:51 a.m. Feb. 13 when a male student was found lying on the sidewalk. When officers arrived, the male appeared to be intoxicated. He refused a breathalyzer test but … read more
• Officers and an ambulance were dispatched to the 1500 block of Fredonia Ave. at 2:29 a.m. Feb. 6. The female fell and hit her head in the living room of the home and appeared to be intoxicated. Paramedics were … read more
• Officers and the Peoria Fire Department were dispatched to the 800 block of N. Tobias 7:49 p.m. Feb. 1 after a female student got a ring stuck on her finger. She asked officers to cut it off her finger, … read more
• Peoria Police officers observed a non-student female and a male student stealing a traffic sign on NE Washington Street at 11:10 p.m. Jan. 23. When officers asked the two what they were doing, they responded with “doing stupid things.” … read more