Press "Enter" to skip to content

Frat house unlivable

The Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity house on Fredonia Avenue was deemed uninhabitable after the furnace began emitting carbon dioxide on Jan. 18.
Police were dispatched to the house in reference to a furnace exploding and smoke alarms going off, according to police reports.
When police arrived, they said they went into the basement to look at the furnace and smelled carbon monoxide coming from the broken appliance. The house was then evacuated and the Peoria Fire Department was called.
The carbon monoxide level in the house was over the limit that would have allowed the residents to stay.
A city code inspector was also called to the scene, and residents were told the house was uninhabitable until city permits for plumbing and electrical work were obtained and the work was completed.
Residents were living in the singles complex, but were planning on moving back today, Executive Director of Residential Life and Leadership Nathan Thomas said.
Copyright © 2023, The Scout, Bradley University. All rights reserved.
The Scout is published by members of the student body of Bradley University. Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the University.