Too often romance dominates the silver screen. While romances will last a while, a good bromance will last forever. Nothing says “Valentine’s Day” like male bonding, so here’s the top ten best bromance films of all time.
10. “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure”- Before he was the One, Keanu Reeves was Ted Theodore Logan, who traveled through time with his best friend Bill to ace their history report.
9. “21 Jump Street”- Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum make for a hilarious comedic duo as cops who infiltrate a high school to bust a drug ring.
8. “Sherlock Holmes”- The chemistry between Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law sizzles as they play the famous detective duo.
7. “Ted”- A simple story about a boy and his teddy bear – if the boy was Mark Walberg and the bear a pot-smoking, beer guzzling Seth McFarlane.
6. “Shaun of the Dead”- Simon Pegg and Nick Frost’s real-life bromance plays out amid the zombie apocalypse.
5. “Superbad”- Jonah Hill, Michael Cera and the infamous McLovin play lifetime friends hoping to get laid at a high school party.
4. “Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle”- Mix two stoners with White Castle and Neil Patrick Harris, and you get a bromance for the ages.
3. “The Shawshank Redemption”- One of the most inspiring films of all time is built on the friendship of Tim Robbins’ Andy Dufresne and Morgan Freeman’s Red.
2. “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid”- It may be an old Western from the ‘60s, but the original bromance was forged from Paul Newman and Robert Redford’s pair of outlaws.
1. “I Love You, Man”- Paul Rudd and Jason Segel are the very definition of a movie bromance, and with the entire film devoted to their friendship, it’s only fair they get the top spot.