Fellow Bradley students, it appears winter break is upon us. What we should be doing is celebrating and breaking out the eggnog. Unfortunately there’s that little speed bump called final exams to worry about. Thankfully, popular culture has provided some ways to manage stress so finals don’t seem that terrifying.
5. Put On a Mask and Crack Jokes at Criminals- When it’s hard balancing school, work and romance, Peter Parker likes to be a superhero and make fun of criminals. Granted that’s a little extreme, but maintaining a sense of humor is a great way to stay positive in a stressful environment.
4. It ‘Aint Over ‘Til It’s Over- Just like the brave members of Delta Tau Chi in “Animal House,” don’t get down just because things look grim. Finals aren’t over yet and you still have plenty of time to turn things around. In the immortal words of John Belushi, “Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?”
3. Take the Red Pill- When Neo realized he was The One, the Matrix went from a seemingly real world to a series of computer codes he could control at will. If you’re struggling with understanding the material while studying, try to look at it in a different way, and the material will bend for you as the Matrix did for Neo.
2. There Is No Try- In the words of Master Yoda, “Do or Do Not. There is No Try.” Either take the time to study or don’t study. Not making an attempt won’t get you anywhere.
1. Slow Down and Enjoy Life- There once was a kid named Ferris Bueller, who said that life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop to look around, you could miss it. Take a study break, relax and enjoy. You’re only in college once.