- Around 8:27 a.m. on Aug. 29 on W. Main Street at N. Elmwood Avenue, a Bradley student was struck by a vehicle while crossing the street after getting off a CityLink bus. BUPD and Peoria Police arrived at the scene and found that the car that struck the student failed to yield. The student suffered multiple injuries and was transported by ambulance to OSF Saint Francis Medical Center.
- At 9:27 p.m. on Aug. 27 on the 900 block of N. University Street, a non-Bradley-affiliated suspect struck a Bradley student’s parked vehicle, causing their car to flip. The suspect was transported by ambulance to OSF Saint Francis Medical Center. The nature of the suspect’s injuries are unknown.
- At 3:42 a.m. on Aug. 29 at Big City Automotive, while on patrol a BUPD officer noticed tail lights in the parking lot and found a non-Bradley-affiliated suspect trespassing inside a parked vehicle. The individual agreed to let the officer search the vehicle and the officer found a purse belonging to the vehicle owner along with three crack pipes. The person stated they were homeless and cold. The suspect was arrested for vehicle burglary, criminal trespass to land and possession of drug equipment.
- At 7 p.m. on Aug. 19 at the Markin Family Recreation Center, a Bradley employee witnessed a Bradley student back up to the building and grab two red chairs before driving away. After reviewing security cameras, BUPD located the student on Aug. 25. The student stated they thought the chairs were for everyone to borrow. They were instructed to return the chairs and were not charged.
Police Reports: September 1, 2023
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Barb Mantz Drake: The editorial crusader
- Students compete for the crown in annual Homecoming Pageant
- The Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization aims to help aspiring entrepreneurs on campus
- The most valuable skills learned by Scout alumni
- Paste-up, printing and the pandemic: The Scout’s transition to online-only publishing
More from Police ReportsMore posts in Police Reports »