At 11 p.m. on Sept. 1, students and one parent were caught having a party in a dorm room with alcohol involved. There were empty cans of seltzer, bottles of wine and beer littered around the room. Two students admitted to drinking, and when asked who supplied the drinks, they told the police it was the parent. After further questioning, the students then started to change their story. The parent in the room denied purchasing the alcohol for the students.
At 11:38 p.m. on Sept. 4, there were reports of smoke in the basement of the Pi Beta Phi sorority house, which set off the fire alarms. The fire department arrived on the scene and scouted the area out to find the source of the smoke. They eventually concluded that there was no actual fire in the house itself, but rather heavy condensation which led to water dripping onto the alarm system.
On Sept. 4, a female Bradley student filed a police report regarding harassment online. The student reported that two males continuously added/friended her on multiple social media sites such as Snapchat and Facebook. The victim told the police that she had no idea who the two men were and that they had no mutual friends. After getting continuously harassed online, the victim blocked both men on both social media sites. There has been no report of any more harassment since.
Two students and one unaffiliated male were found arguing in the 800 block of N. Duryea Place at 1:40 a.m. on Sept. 5. The caller, who was not involved in the argument or the group, told BUPD that one of the female students was yelling at the male that they were with. When the police arrived on the scene, the female who was yelling had scraped her knee on the ground. The other female student, who was the other student’s roommate, explained to the police that they had all been hanging out in their dorm room and drinking when her roommate got into a verbal fight with the male they were with.
At 10 p.m. on Sept. 6 in the Harper Hall dorms, underage students were caught under the influence. A resident adviser saw a female student throwing up in the bathroom due to over-consumption. The RA then spoke to the student’s roommate who explained that they had been out drinking and that her roommate was not feeling well. The police and AMT arrived at the scene to check on the students. They were out drinking at Country Club Barbeque when the student had fallen sick. Due to the student getting sick, BUPD was unable to use a preliminary breath test on them.