Press "Enter" to skip to content

Police Reports: October 6, 2023

  • Around 2:15 p.m. on Sept. 30, a Bradley student living in Williams Hall slipped off of their lofted bed. The student was standing on the end bars of the bed frame, pulling sheets onto their mattress when they lost their footing and fell into the window, shattering it. The student sustained minor lacerations to their hand and back. The student declined medical attention. Building maintenance repaired the window.
  • At 12:25 a.m. on Oct. 2, a Bradley student notified a university employee that they punched a hole in a wall in the Business and Engineering Convergence Center (BECC). The student emailed the employee a photo of the wall and a message that read, “I got upset a[nd] put a hole in the wall in [the BECC] building. Who should I talk to about this?” The employee forwarded the email to BUPD. Officers initially issued a notice to appear in court for criminal damage to property. BUPD later voided the notice and referred the matter to Residential Living and Student Conduct. The office is following up with the student to make restitution.
  • Around 3:35 a.m. on Sept. 29, a Bradley student living in the St. James Apartment Complex called BUPD when their friend, a fellow student, passed out in their apartment bathroom. The student was unresponsive, but breathing. The student’s friend told police that they had consumed multiple “mixed drinks and several shots” that evening. The unresponsive student was transported to Methodist Hospital. Both students were 21 years old at the time of the incident.
  • At 1:23 a.m. on Sept. 28, a Bradley student living off campus on West Callender Avenue called emergency services when they suspected a gas leak in their house. When officers arrived, the student had evacuated the residence and told officers that they had left a burner running on the gas stove for “a few hours.” They also mentioned that a carbon monoxide alarm had been sounding in the basement, but they hesitated to call for help. When the Peoria Fire Department arrived, they entered the house and surveyed the residence for dangerous levels of carbon monoxide or hazardous gasses. They cleared the house, and residents returned inside.
Copyright © 2023, The Scout, Bradley University. All rights reserved.
The Scout is published by members of the student body of Bradley University. Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the University.