- At 9:54 p.m. on Sept. 15 at W. Callender Avenue, a domestic battery report was made after a Bradley student attacked his roommate following a disagreement over a damaged vehicle. The witness in the household claimed that the roommate who was involved in the fight was up in their room before coming downstairs to talk in person. Following an argument, the suspect attempted to punch the roommate in the face. The victim managed to block the attack before getting held down by another roommate while the suspect repeatedly punched him. At one point during the fight, the suspect hit the victim in the neck with a frying pan. The victim eventually got away and called the BUPD to the house.
- Around 1:35 p.m. on Sept. 18 on Olin Quad, a call was received from the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity after a faculty member approached them regarding the bashing of watermelons for an event to raise money. The fraternity claimed that the faculty member approached them with concerns over the cleanliness of the watermelon event and wanted them to stop and clean up the messy tarps. One member claimed that when the faculty member took their bat away, they raised it in a threatening manner. When the police arrived, they talked with both the faculty staff and the fraternity before escorting the faculty member back to their own home. Later on in the day, another call was made saying that the faculty member had returned to campus to confront the members of Lambda Chi Alpha again.
- At approximately 6:35 p.m on Sept. 19 in Williams Hall, another call was made regarding the same faculty member who had a disagreement with Lambda Chi Alpha. A student reported to a different faculty member that they had received bizarre text messages from the faculty member previously mentioned. They claimed that the texts didn’t make them feel threatened, only concerned. When the police arrived, the faculty member asked to be admitted to the UnityPoint Health – Methodist hospital due to personal reasons.
- Around 4:05 a.m. on Sept. 20, the fire alarm in University Hall sounded off. The alarm was activated due to moisture in one of the ducts, which could have been caused by recent rainstorms. Because of the moisture, the alarm was unable to be turned off. The building was placed on fire watch until the facilities management could repair it.
Police Reports: September 24, 2021
More from NewsMore posts in News »
More from Police ReportsMore posts in Police Reports »